Saturday, February 25, 2012

My homemade disinfectant recipe

After finding out about my sons allergies to processed food I started reading about chemicals in cleaning products and decided to start making as much all natural products as I could. Besides being better for us and the environment it's pretty easy on the wallet too.

Here's my recipe for my homemade disinfectant:
3 tbs of liquid castile soap (I use unscented so I can add the oils but any will do)
And add water.
Add 5-10 drops of you choice of essential oil.
In this batch I used eucalyptus and lemon essential oil (not perfume oil)
Eucalyptus has Antiseptic, Anti-biotic, Antifungal, and Anti-infectious properties. While the lemon has all the above plus Antiparasitic properties and they both smell nice :)
Pour into an empty spray bottle (I get mine at Walmart or the dollar store for about $1 each) and label it well. Shake well before each use.

It cleans in my opinion better than commercial cleaners but without the harsh chemical smell or exposure. My kids eat off the counters or drop snacks, pick them up and keep going so it gives me comfort knowing that its clean without chemical residue.

No comments:

Post a Comment