Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Natural Cold/Flu Remedy

    Every time I feel a cold coming on, usually signaled by the extra stuffy nose and sore throat with me, I make this tea for myself. It works like a charm! I hoping with the added eucalyptus oil on my feet, a humidifier, alkaline water, and extra probiotics I will kick this especially nasty cold within a day or 2 vs 3-4 days. I also made a brew for my 17 month old who is currently fighting an earache, fever, and the tail end of a croup cough.
Cold Tea Recipe:
2-3 slices of lemon
3-4 cloves of fresh garlic
Honey to taste or at least 1 tbs ( Please do not give honey to infants under 12 months)
4 slices of fresh ginger root

Boil a cup of water


Add the ingredients

Let steep for 5 mins and Enjoy!

Garlic is best known for it antibiotic properties and fending off respiratory infections/viruses
Lemon is high in  vitamin C, B, B2, calcium and iron and protects your body against illness
Honey also has antibiotic and antiseptic properties, soothes sore throats and calms coughing
Ginger is an anti-inflammatory and can kill viruses

I know most people probably won't love the taste but I don't mind it. I find it a bit soothing and better than Thera-Flu (yuck)
Sit back, enjoy it and feel yourself getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment