Friday, April 12, 2013

I am Wonder Woman

Well maybe not, but I feel like it. Around the end of December I was feeling pretty sorry for myself. I wanted to workout but never had the time with 3 little boys and felt like I would weigh 180+ lbs forever. I think at that point I had even started crawling back up to 185 again. I was on a favorite fitness site of mine and found a friend that is now my Team Beachbody coach. I signed up under her and joined her Facebook fitness group of women motivating each other instead of cutting each other down. I felt more like maybe I could do this but still made excuses for time. I mean seriously how many other women have 3 BOYS all 5 and under?! Then I saw Maria Kang. Her picture popped up looking amazing with her 3 boys all 3 and under posed around her fit body with a headline "What's YOUR excuse?" Uhhhh well Maria my excuse was that I had 3 kids close together and I don't have time but you've pretty much blown that out of the water now haven't you? Well crap. Now I have to think of another excuse. Surely she has a nanny or a personal trainer or she never ever eats anything fun? RIGHT? Nope. She is just dedicated to her body just as much as she's dedicated to her home business and her family. (Insert line of expletives here.) Ok, ok, ok. As I am pondering starting Turbo Fire and all the excuses I still had as to why I couldn't do it another blog I follow announces Garden of Life vitamins is having a free trial for their new weight loss supplements Fuco Thin Green and if you are chosen you will get so many months for free to test it. What now? My favorite vitamin company is giving away free all natural, organic, non GMO, weight loss supplements to 25 lucky people?? I HAVE to try for this. And I did. And guess what? I got it! That got my momentum going. Seeing Maria, watching Ashley bust it out through a pregnancy, and now getting this trial, I had to start right then. I got Turbo Fire and started January 21, 2013. About 3 weeks in I didn't feel like there was a lot of changes, my weight wasn't going down and I was feeling overall discouraged that my house was in disarray and time with my children was suffering but dangit I was going to do this. I felt like stopping and just sticking with my new found yoga practice I had started once a week, I cried that even though I wanted to feel better I obviously wanted to stop looking 3-4 mos pregnant too. I messaged Ashley completely discouraged, she gave me more pointers and refreshed my resolve and I kept going. At 4 weeks I took pictures and measurements and could see a slight change. YAY! At 6 weeks I had dropped a few inches and the lbs were starting to come off. WOO! By 8-10weeks I had dropped over 10lbs since I had started Turbo Fire, 20+lbs from my heaviest and my body was showing significant changes. I started adding more changes, Garden of Life's Raw Meal Meal Replacement shakes for lunch, amino acids, probiotics, and iForce Nutrition's Compete. Raw Meal is very similar to Shakeology but without the adaptogen blend, it's raw food, vegan, and gluten free. I think if you can afford Starbucks and fast food you can afford Shakeology but since I can't afford either of those I definitely can afford Garden of Life's Raw Meal. It tastes good and its so similar to Shakeo I am able to do the cleanses and make the yummy no bake cookies with it. Raw Meal made a huge difference in my energy levels and overall how I felt, but the balance of my life came back when I was introduced to Compete by iForce Nutrition. This stuff I call my Supermommy Juice. It has turned me into a full fledged Wonder Woman. I ran my first 5K with it, I worked out 3+ hours a day, played outside for 2 hours with my kids and had a perfectly clean house with it. It. is. AMAZING! No caffeine, just clean energy. If you haven't tried it. DO IT! Every mama, especially ones working to be fit and balance their me time with family time should have this. I went from no water a day, to choking down 50-70+ ozs a day to now putting down 90 oz a day with Compete and I am so productive. I wouldn't be where I am so far without these people and without these supplements. I also invested in some workout clothes and a Polar HRM. Knowing how many calories I am burning pushed me to beat myself every time. Fitness is an investment in yourself. If you can afford the soda, the fast food, the Starbucks and doughnuts you can afford this stuff to make your life healthier. Because of conquering my fitness fears I have been able to conquer other fears, my yoga practice has helped me in my life so much too. Me, who had a panic attack on a fair ride 6 years ago because I am so afraid of heights, jumped out of an airplane on Easter Sunday. I am putting my fears of being judged to the side and putting myself out there by posting less than pretty pics of myself on the internet, by meeting new people, by trying a yoga asana that I might totally bite it while attempting. I am putting on my Wonder Woman gear and running Warrior Dash for the first time in 2 weeks, and I have even decided to pursue a career as yoga instructor. I am working on being more mindful in my life, being grateful everyday and for the first time in a while I am excited to wake up in the mornings, not dreading the workday ahead but know now I can handle what comes my way. I am still the Farmer's market loving, cloth diapering (again finally), hippie mom, but now I get to be the yoga mama, the fit mama, the sexy wife and Wonder Woman all rolled in to one.
Everyday now I get up and ask myself "What's MY excuse today" after I answer I push past it and keep going.

Here are links to all the helpful people!!
Garden of Life: http://www.gardenoflife.com/
Maria Kang: http://www.mariakang.com/
Ashley Bailey the worlds best Team Beachbody Coach if you want to start changing your life: http://wwww.beachbodycoach.com/ASHBAILEY86
iForce Nutrition: http://www.iforcenutrition.com/
Sage Studio: www.mysagestudio.com
After my 1st 5K

Turbo Fire Before and After 90 Days

Garden of Life Raw Meal

Turbo Fire 8 week progress

Garden of Life FucoThin Green

iForce Nutrition Compete

My 1st full wheel in yoga

Turbo Fire 6 week progress

1 comment: