Thursday, March 17, 2011

My life as Laundry

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.  ~Phyllis Diller

Trying to spring clean with 2 kids and keep up on normal housework makes me wish I was a hindu goddess instead of a domestic one. I need 5 arms or maybe a clone. The last couple weeks I feel like Im in groundhog day constantly reliving the same situation.. Wake up, make bed, feed kids, potty train, change diaper, put baby M down for a nap and attempt to start spring cleaning, get interrupted by something or someone and then pick up the same things I picked up yesterday all in the midst of never ending laundry. All week its like Ive been fighting it, constantly grumpy. Then I realized Im doing the control freak martyr thing. Im trying to control every minute of how I do something and when it inevitably goes wrong I get frustrated then want to point out to myself how much I sacrifice. I stopped and thought about it last night and today.. Thats not what Im a SAHM for. I wanted this sacrifice. I wanted to repeatedly do laundry and dishes because the payment for that is seeing baby M's first smiles or teaching N how to read. I get to be here for all these wonderful learning experiences. I think if the chaos was just within my house it would be manageable but its everywhere right now it seems leaving me feeling unorganized and helpless. Can I have that super mom feeling back I had a few weeks ago?  Maybe once I get through spring cleaning and back to maintaining a clean house Ill feel better theres just a lot of changes recently. I just need to keep focus that the really important things in my life are not and have never been how clean or organized my house is. 
Must go now, more laundry is calling my name after baby M goes down for another nap and this Domestic Goddess has another redbull.

No comments:

Post a Comment