Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The last year of my life

Tomorrow my baby turns 1. I'm sitting here writing this 12 weeks pregnant with our 3rd and half in tears thinking of how difficult some times have been but mostly how amazing my sons are.
1 year ago today at 4 am I was up showering, bags packed ready to get to the hospital to induce labor, We get a phone call there is no room because apparently everyone woman in our town is having their kid at my hospital that day. So we wait, we have lunch we wait and wait and by 3pm they confirm... No baby today. Even if we went into natural labor they would have to send us to another hospital. Ok fine. So I get up again the next morning, shower, call the hospital and its a go. We waddle in and start labor induction. As my labor progresses the epidural isn't in and once it is in Baby M is posterior and I'm having awful back labor. I was so grateful to have a birth doula, she was a life saver! She twisted me into a weird position and let me rest for an hr and I shot from a 6 to a 10 and woke up feeling the need to push with the epidural kicked in enough that I could feel pressure but no pain. I push for 13 minutes and Baby M had joined us. I remember the amazed looked on N's face when he saw his brother for the first time. In the hospital I didn't rest much because immediately M started showing signs of reflux but I had no idea what that was. A couple of sleepless weeks and I start diagnosing then take it to his Dr and sure enough he had reflux and colic issues. 2 weeks after he's born and we are all adjusting N breaks his leg and now cannot walk for 3 months. This was by far so much harder than I had ever imagined going from 1 child to 2. But I was surprised with myself that I handled it, and fairly well actually. M has such a big personality and feeds off of N's energy and they love each other so very very much. Ive watched him grow and N grow to be more of a leader and now over the next year I get to see M grow into the big brother role too with N walking him through it. Its so touching and sweet to me that they are best friends already. I can't wait to see what the next year holds for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment